The Sr. Technical Consultant for our Energy & Utility vertical leads and supports sales and implementation activities for utility programs related to residential and commercial EV charging station (EVSE) installations and operations.
Responsibilities include: technical scoping of programs to support sales and RFP responses, advising customers in the planning and installation of EVSE, the provisioning and set-up of the enterprise software and applications, training on the use and administration, and troubleshooting issues.
The Sr. Technical Consultant works under the direction of the Director of Client Services.
Sales Support and Program Scoping
● Provide technical information for RFPs to support the Sales organization
● Support pre-sales activities and software demonstrations
● Develop Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs) to capture specific business requirements and technical specification for Product Management
● Scope utility program and complete technical details related to Statements of Work
Implementation Leadership & Support
● Assist customers in the Installation and provisioning of EV charging solutions by clearly understanding their requirements and matching to our platform capabilities and best practices
● Plan and track program activities and provide regular internal and customer status reports
● Work with Services operations to support back-end processes and automation
● Support technical issues related to program marketing or reseller processes as required to support delivery
● Support project logistics such as shipping process and troubleshoot issues as needed
● Assist customers in their software set-up
Training & Troubleshooting
● Train Site Administrators on JuiceNet Enterprise & Utilities Dashboard with user guide to ensure understanding of available tools
● Provide Level 2 & 3 support as needed
● Coordinate level 3 issues with engineering and product management as required, providing regular documentation and status
● Provide regular and frequent communication to customers regarding installations and outstanding actions or tasks.
● Coordinate internal activities across departments, escalate as required to ensure timely response and action
● Identify opportunities to increase product footprint within the account
● Support testing activities: script documentation and testing to represent the view of the customer internally
● Capture uses cases as require for product development
● Provide input to the Product Development team to improve usability of the software, and reduce time and cost to implement
● Provide leadership and support of early adopter programs with PM
Skills & Knowledge
● Strong understanding of utility related technologies e.g. meter data, billing, etc.
● Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
● Understanding of software development lifecycle and quality assurance processes, e.g. testing
● Consulting skills: listening, asking effective questions, setting and managing expectations, and focusing on customer needs and outcomes.
● Self-motivated, responsible, and able to manage multiple priorities and complete multiple tasks in a tight timeframe.
● Critical and analytical thinking skills with a strong attention to detail
● Professional communication and approach: on-time and prepared for meetings, provide deliverable and status on-time, communicates issues and risks in a timely manner to manager
● Ability to lead requirements gathering and issue resolution within a team
● Proactive and accountable
● Ability to relate to all levels of management and employees
● Experience leading meetings and organizing work
● 7-10+ years experience implementing software
● Knowledge of software engineering principles and agile methodologies
● 3-5+ years experience working within the utilities industry
● Basic SQL skills
● Working knowledge of XML formats and File Transfer Processes (FTP)
● Basic to intermediate understanding of integration
● Experience with EVSE, demand response, or battery storage technology and software
Physical Requirements: 30%+ travel may be required