We're Electric Motor Werks, a silicon valley startup bringing in the smart grid - Lean, Mean and Green.
With EV sales slated to be more than 20% of all car sales in the next 6 years, the EV charging infrastructure is headed for a shakeup. With the best selling EV Charging stations in the US market as well as with tie-ins with energy utilities, EMotorWerks is uniquely suited to take advantage of the immense growth of charging needs which will take over markets worldwide. With the backing of the Enel, the largest multinational utility company in Europe, we are poised to enter 3 continents in both the residential and commercial space.
To make it happen, we need a good, experienced firmware engineer with a solid understanding of embedded system design. We're a small, scrappy team. That means we don't have a chain of management telling you exactly what you need to do. You'll need to figure out the next thing we need to have in our products, design it, get it made, and get it in production. If it's a great idea, you'll have backers. If not, you'll know quickly. We like to fail fast, learn fast, and put that learning back into the next iteration.
Like it so far? Awesome! Here are the details
You will report to the VP of Embedded Engineering. You will be architecting the firmware that will power the next generation of our charging stations. Along with the rest of the firmware team, you will brainstorm, sketch out, and design the various firmware components of our platform, develop it, run simulations as well as HIL tests, and oversee deployment to our global charging network.
What you can expect to be doing
- Writing C on bare metal MCUs or embedded linux platform
- Remote debugging a customer unit
- Testing your code on your coworker's EV
- Critiquing the hardware architecture and proposing changes
- Running code reviews
- Presenting a feature you came up with to upper management
- Be onsite at customer locations helping with pre-sales
- Playing VR games during our bi-weekly happy hour gatherings.
Qualifications we look for
- Can write lean mean clean C code like no one's business
- At least 5 years of experience in writing firmware that has ended up in production
- Can design UART/SPI drivers and Mealy FSMs with equal aplomb
- Likes solving puzzles in your free time
- Experience working with TCP and Bluetooth stacks
- Like Electric Vehicles, and going green
- Brought up Embedded Linux Boards
Why you should work with us
We feel the EV revolution is necessary to combat climate change. And it needs all the help it can get to make it a reality. EV's put a major load on the energy grid. However, through careful and smart planning, we can utilize the charging of electric vehicles to shift our grid towards more renewable energies, and reduce the load spikes in the electricity infrastructure.
If you feel strongly about the impact fossil fuels have on our environment, then come join us! Together we can make a difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.