eMotorWerks is an innovative Silicon Valley provider of IoT electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions built upon a disruptive business model: by selling our market-leading JuiceBox smart grid EV charging stations into a rapidly-expanding electric vehicle market, we provide immediate benefit to EV owners and charging station operators while simultaneously delivering valuable, cloud-based load management services to utilities and grid operators. As a result, drivers receive fast, network enabled charging and eMotorWerks receives multi-year “grid services” revenues.
Our mission is to dramatically accelerate EV adoption through advanced technologies and innovative solutions. The company's flagship residential product, a connected level 2 EV charging station and mobile app, has already helped nearly 30,000 drivers go electric. Find more information at www.eMotorWerks.com
As Hardware Product Manager for our smart-grid charging station line, you will construct and drive implementation of our product roadmap, ensuring customer needs are identified and prioritized for product development, then delivered to the market based on compelling positioning, messaging, and sales effectiveness. You will interact closely with customers, partners, corporate marketing, engineering, sales, and operations to deliver market-leading solutions in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Draft and own the product roadmap for residential and commercial EV charging stations
- Gather customer and partner input, review the competitive landscape, and set both short and longer-term goals
- Work closely with Hardware and firmware teams to drive the implementation of ‘whole product’ solutions for full lifecycle deployment, e.g. pre-sales, installation, maintenance, end of life
- Develop use cases, requirements documents and specifications in support of hardware engineering
- Develop and maintain the high level schedule of feature development and track the engineering teams to ensure on-time delivery
- Prepare detailed competitive summaries and comparisons and provide recommendations to develop competitive, market-leading solutions
- Participate in key sales meetings, customer meetings, and industry events to provide direction and take feedback about the product line
- BS or higher in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree
- Experience and passion for EVs and how they can change our world for the better
- Top-notch project management, written, and verbal skills
- A solid eye for product design and visually aesthetic solutions, both in hardware and software
- Understanding of and experience with engineering development processes, agile software development, and product roadmap tools
- Self-starter, able to work quickly and adapt within a fast-moving company with smart people
- 5+ years product management experience
- 2+ years experience in related fields: e.g. EVSE, EVs, charging networks, automotive technologies
- Industrial Design Experience